Let’s Play

25 Sep

Bongo and ScratchyScratchy usually keeps his distance from me but sometimes – not very often – he gets close enough that we can play. I’m not sure why, but he doesn’t like to play for very long. Usually he runs away very quickly. Sometimes he even jumps up on top of the kitchen cabinets so I can’t get anywhere near him. I can jump pretty high, and I’ve tried to jump high enough to reach him up there, but I’ve never had any luck.

I’ve never hurt Scratchy – even though he’s scratched me on the nose a few times – so I can’t figure out why he doesn’t want to play with me. After all, I’m one of the most playful dogs I know. I think everyone should want to play with me. I mean, I’m really fun to play with.

I wonder if he thought I was having so much fun jumping that he decided to do it too. He didn’t get it quite right though. I come down right away. Scratchy jumps up, lands on top of the cabinets, and doesn’t come down for a long time. Come on Scratchy. Let’s play!

Posted by on September 25, 2011 in Bongo, dogs, humor, pets

Tags: , ,

10 responses to “Let’s Play

September 25, 2011 at 3:32 pm

Who ever understands what cats are up to? Bubba cat for instance thinks he should always be by DeDe. June Buggie thinks he can be my buddy, but only when Jen is around. The rest of the time he torments me. *sigh*

• BongoDogOwner

September 25, 2011 at 3:36 pm

Rumpy, those cats can be sneaky can’t they. They wait until our people leave and then the real cat comes out.

2. lolapup

September 25, 2011 at 5:17 pm

Scratchy sounds like a bit of a spoilsport. Or maybe he just gets tired. I have an older friend who will play for a few minutes, but then she wants to take a nap. I can’t imagine being sleepy when there’s playing to do!

• BongoDogOwner

September 25, 2011 at 6:59 pm

Lola, Scratchy never has been much fun. He won’t even run so I can chase him. -Bongo

3. whatimeant2say

September 25, 2011 at 5:51 pm

I think you should get Bongo a playmate. Or at least set up some playdates for him!

• BongoDogOwner

September 25, 2011 at 7:09 pm

Bongo would love a playmate, but I’m not sure I could handle two Bongos in the house.

4. bonesdiary

September 26, 2011 at 7:20 am

Cats are so up themselves, they don’t deserve us as friends. I can’t understand why my dad dotes on Milly, and mom is the same with the evil Raffles. Cats don’t like to play tug, fetch a ball, go for a walk and only want attention on their terms……boring, rubbish pets.

• BongoDogOwner

September 26, 2011 at 5:00 pm

Cats really are duds, aren’t they Bones.

September 26, 2011 at 7:47 am

Bongo, we are all different. I am sure Scratchy (great name by the way) knows you are great fun but not everyone wants to play at the same time.

• BongoDogOwner

September 26, 2011 at 4:59 pm

Yeah Bassa. I might have to find a new playmate. Scratchy never wants to play with me.

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )