Best Toys

20 Oct

Scratchy and his toyI’m really bummed. My person said that I’m not allowed to post to my blog anymore unless I share it with Scratchy sometimes. Okay, I guess so. Scratchy, it’s your turn now.

Hi everybody. It’s me, Scratchy. This is fun taking over Bongo’s blog and I don’t even have to sneak this time. My person made Bongo let me write. I thought I’d tell you about my absolutely favorite kind of toy in the world. I just love playing with chenille wires. My person says they used to call them pipe cleaners, but hardly anyone smokes a pipe anymore and they (whoever decides what to call things) probably didn’t want kids making crafts out of something that’s used to clean a pipe.

The first time I discovered how much fun these chenille things are I had to steal them from my younger person. That was when he was even more younger and still did crafts. Now that my person knows that I like them she gives them to me sometimes. It’s great fun to toss them around and pretend I’ve caught a mouse.

Scratchy – I’m taking my blog back. What you’re writing is so boring. Who cares about chenille wires. Balls and Frisbees are so much more fun – or maybe a squeaky stuffed animal – shaped like a cat.

Posted by on October 20, 2011 in Bongo, dogs, humor

Tags: , , ,

12 responses to “Best Toys

1. Kari

October 20, 2011 at 11:36 am

LOL what you let the kitteh help on your blog!! Kitteh’s are for chasing 😉 JK hehehe

• BongoDogOwner

October 20, 2011 at 11:38 am

Kari, I agree – kittehs are for chasing. My person made me do it.

2. Mumsy

October 20, 2011 at 4:29 pm

Oh, now that was just sweet Bongo for you to let Scratchy put out a post. Pooh would love to play with something like that but Chancy would chew it up if he found it. He thinks balls and Frisbees and squeaky toys are to play with and cat toys are to chew to bits. He chewed up so many of the cats catnip mice Mumsy finally took them all to the cat room where Chancy can’t get them. When he finds the gate open though he runs in and grabs a cat toy and starts chewing it up. Hugs and nose kisses

• BongoDogOwner

October 20, 2011 at 6:21 pm

Chancy, those cat toys are nasty. You should leave them alone. Sometimes I chew my own toys up – it’s a hint to my person that I’m ready for new toys – but I don’t like those cat toys at all. Actually Scratchy doesn’t like them much either. He ignores most of them so my person hardly ever buys him toys.

3. bonesdiary

October 21, 2011 at 2:25 am

In the name of all that’s holy!!! Don’t let the cat write, they are a pointless waste of fur. Time to dog-up Bongo, be master of your own domain. DOGS RULE

• BongoDogOwner

October 21, 2011 at 10:06 am

Bones, I agree with you totally. Unfortunately my person has control of the computer and she made me share.

October 22, 2011 at 5:58 am

My tall person’s father used to smoke a pipe and he can remember making little stick people from the pipe cleaners 🙂

• BongoDogOwner

October 22, 2011 at 10:44 am

Bassa, my person says pipe cleaners can be lots of fun, but she’s never seen anyone have as much fun with them as Scratchy. He’s such a silly cat.

5. KatiesCameraBlog

October 22, 2011 at 2:59 pm

Oh, Bongo, please let Scratch visit sometimes. 🙂 I love black kitties (Grimm Kitty is black too). Do you go after Scratchy’s toys? I can’t put out cat toys, because my dog will eat them. 🙂

• BongoDogOwner

October 22, 2011 at 5:48 pm

Katie, Scratchy’s toys aren’t any fun. Mine are better so I leave his alone.

6. deannamelanie

October 22, 2011 at 8:14 pm

Scratchy, you’re pretty cute. Roory says pipe cleaners sound like lots of fun especially after the whole Harley-in-the-cat-tree incident…

• BongoDogOwner

October 22, 2011 at 9:41 pm

Roory, pipe cleaners are great fun. You should try them. And make sure you keep Harley out of your cat tree. There’s gotta be something sacred. -Scratchy

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )