Cell Phone Be Gone

02 Feb

No Cell PhonesDon’t do it person! No, don’t go near it. You’re getting your hiking boots on. You’ve got to tie them or you’ll trip all over them. Just ignore it. Let it ring. Don’t answer that phone!

She didn’t listen to me and now she’s talking on the phone. I’m so excited to go for a walk and now my person is on the phone. What to do, what to do?

I hope she doesn’t trip over her shoelaces because then we might not get to go at all. Person, if you won’t tie your shoes at least sit down so you don’t trip.

Maybe if I jump up and down next to her she’ll get the hint. I really want to go for a walk person.

Why is a dog’s life so hard? All I want to do is go for a walk. I’m not asking for much. Just a simple walk on my trails. How hard is that? But no – my person gets me all excited to go and now she’s talking on the phone.

Oh yay! She put her phone down. Come on person, I’m at the door waiting to go.

What!!?? You don’t have time to go now? That’s wrong! This is dog abuse!

Does anyone need a cell phone? I’ve got one to give away. I hope you don’t mind if I get it a little slobbery.

Posted by on February 2, 2012 in Bongo, dogs, humor

Tags: ,

36 responses to “Cell Phone Be Gone

February 2, 2012 at 10:36 am

That is the most blatant case of dog abuse that I have ever heard…poor neglected Bongo! If you can get the mobile phone just drop it in your water bowl…..

Do not tell her I suggested this to you!

February 2, 2012 at 6:18 pm

Patreciau, that’s a good idea. Cell phone in the water bowl. That would keep my person focused on me.

2. thesweetkitten

February 2, 2012 at 10:39 am

You are so right, Bongo, cell phones can be so annoying! I usually don’t use mine in the evenings and weekends, and certainly not during the holidays!

February 2, 2012 at 6:19 pm

Sweet Kitten, you are so smart to not use your phone a lot of the time. I’ll have to tell my person about that. Maybe she’ll put hers away too.

February 2, 2012 at 10:54 am

Useless little horrible things! Maybe you should “accidentally” drop it in her coffee?!!! Less radiation for your person! Longer walks for you …and everybody’s happy!

February 2, 2012 at 6:20 pm

Marina, good idea. A slobbery cell phone in the coffee. Hey person, can I borrow your phone for a minute?

4. sandrabranum

February 2, 2012 at 12:16 pm

Bongo I feel your pain. I hadn’t been able to receive calls on my pay-as-you go cell for over a year. Went to the provider to get assistance and was told I needed another phone. Turns out the rep knew nothing about my problem and now I have a “new” hand me down cell phone from my son that I don’t like. (Turns out my call forwarding was activated). I’m going to see my daughter-in-law and get her to switch everything back to the old phone because it has bigger buttons.

February 2, 2012 at 6:21 pm

Sandra, I could give you my person’s cell phone. That would take care of my problem.

February 2, 2012 at 2:30 pm

Bongo listen, the German here. Carefully when no one is looking grab that phone and gently – very gently mouth all the way around it…there’s a button or something there that makes those thing silent. Don”t stop with that. Then nudge it between the couch cushions. When your person gets all in a frenzy because she can’t find it, casually push it out and towards her. Your person will think you are a hero – so quickly grab the leash and sit. Maybe the hero will get a reward walk. Honestly, the things dogs have to do to just get a hike. Don’t they understand once the shoes are on, we have to go out..it’s written down somewhere… Good luck Bongo!

February 2, 2012 at 6:22 pm

Thanks German, I’ll have to try that. It sounds like a plan. I hope it works.

6. Dexter Dog

February 2, 2012 at 2:49 pm

When your Mom gets on the phone at walk time, my sister and I sing (whine) really loudly so she can’t hear the other human. Works a treat,

February 2, 2012 at 6:23 pm

Dexter Dog, that’s an idea. That way she has to get off the phone and give me a walk.

7. Patricia

February 2, 2012 at 4:11 pm

Why didn’t your person just take the phone on your walk? Cell phones are mobile ya know…

February 2, 2012 at 6:25 pm

Patricia, I don’t know what my person was thinking. I think she was writing stuff down. She could have taken her pen and paper too.

8. Sunshine

February 2, 2012 at 7:49 pm

Bongo, Here’s the best gift for your person–besides the Swiffer mop–go out and get her one of those phones that attaches to her ear then she can walk, talk and hold your leash all at the same time! You could carry one of those dog backpack things and carry her paper and pen for her too 🙂 Oh heck, just go out and hire her an assistant. That should solve everything. When she can’t take you walking, she can have her lovely assistant take you. 🙂

February 2, 2012 at 9:24 pm

Sunshine, I think an assistant would be good. One that didn’t do anything but take me on walks. I could go on walks all day. Yay!

9. For the Love of My Dogs

February 2, 2012 at 7:58 pm

LOL, sorry you didn’t get to go for your walk, Bongo!! It is so terrible when humans do things like that– we’ve been guilty of the crime too and our pups do not like it one bit!

Have a wonderful night– we hope you get a good walk in tomorrow 🙂

February 2, 2012 at 9:26 pm

Deanna, I’ll make sure my person takes me for a walk tomorrow – even if I have to slobber all over her cell phone.

10. henrythebrave

February 2, 2012 at 10:31 pm

Bongo, I’m afraid the very same has happened to me. I try to be patient, but sometimes Cook is on the phone and all else must wait. Which is when I start to bark and bark and bark. Eventually, she takes the hint and puts the phone away. Blasted phone!

February 2, 2012 at 11:12 pm

Henry, I haven’t tried that barking thing. I think I’ll do that next time.

11. angelswhisper2011

February 3, 2012 at 1:26 am

Bongo, try to wag your tail very quick when you see the phone lying on the table or so, maby you can sweep it against the wall and… oops did I say that :0

February 3, 2012 at 8:44 am

Angelswhisper, I hadn’t thought of taking care of that phone with my tail. Good idea.

12. bonesdiary

February 3, 2012 at 4:25 am

Chew the silly phone to bits. As for missing out on a walk, that’s terrible. Listen, take her for a walk, not the other way around – that’s what sleeves are for…..pulling: grrrrrrrrr

February 3, 2012 at 8:45 am

Got it Bones. Chew the phone – grab the sleeve – or is it the other way around.

13. Dianda

February 3, 2012 at 6:05 am

I often see people here walking their dog and being on the phone. And not giving their dog some time to sniff the tree or anything. 😦

February 3, 2012 at 8:46 am

Dianda, my person sometimes does the phone thing on our walks, but she doesn’t stay on it very long. I think she likes to enjoy the walks too – once I get her out there, that is.

February 3, 2012 at 6:24 am

Yes Bongo, I agree with you that our dog’s life is so hard. All we want to do is go for a walk but we sometimes have to wait for it patiently….. *sigh* 😦

February 3, 2012 at 8:47 am

Kevin, our needs are so simple – you’d think our people would comply with them immediately.

15. Bassetmomma

February 3, 2012 at 7:42 am

It’s tough waiting for us humans sometimes isn’t it Bongo! We are so easily sidetracked!

February 3, 2012 at 8:48 am

Bassetmomma, I think people should learn from us dogs. We get one thing on our mind and we go for it.

16. Chancy, Mumsy and Crew

February 3, 2012 at 4:06 pm

Those stinkin’ cell phones sure can cause a lot of trouble huh, sweet Bongo. Take the thing and hide it someplace AFTER you fix it where it won’t ring that outta do it. Hope you get to go for that walk very soon. Hugs and nose kisses

February 3, 2012 at 11:43 pm

Chancy and Mumsy, I finally got my walk, but I think I’d better do something with that phone before the same thing happens again. Hugs and nose kisses back to you.

17. 2browndawgs

February 3, 2012 at 7:02 pm

Those cell phones can sure be trouble. It was nice of you to worry that your person might trip over her laces though. 🙂

February 3, 2012 at 11:45 pm

Brown Dawgs, I’ve always got to be looking out for my person.

February 4, 2012 at 6:48 am

Hi Bongo!
    Ginger says use the cell phone for a chew toy……

Your friend,
    Ginger the collie with all the answers… 🙂

February 4, 2012 at 12:16 pm

Ginger, I think you’ve got a good idea. I wonder what cell phones taste like.