Howling Like a Wolf

12 Apr

Howling WolfWhew! I’m so glad that’s over. For the last couple days I’ve been doing a lot of yard duty. It must be something I ate.

My person says it’s a good thing I don’t howl like a wolf because if I did she might have ignored me when I woke her up at night. I don’t get it. How could she possibly ignore me if I was howling like a wolf?

What’s that, person? It’s not howling like a wolf, it’s crying like a wolf? Do wolves cry?

I’m supposed to cry wolf? How do you do that? Wolf, wolf! Here wolfie wolfie.

And then you get out of bed and let me out? You wouldn’t let me out? Why not?

But I didn’t find any wolves around. There’s never any wolves at our house. Is that why you got up out of bed and let me out every time?

Oh, I get it now. I don’t ever ask to go out at night unless I really really need to. And you didn’t want me to what?

Oh. You wanted to make sure I left everything in the yard.

I guess that’s probably a good idea. I don’t think I would have liked the perfumy smell you would have put in your bedroom if I’d made a deposit there.

Posted by on April 12, 2012 in Bongo, dogs, humor

Tags: , ,

32 responses to “Howling Like a Wolf

1. Cee Neuner

April 12, 2012 at 10:43 am

I so enjoy your blog!!!

April 12, 2012 at 5:41 pm

Thanks Cee. I have fun writing it.

2. Alexander Brenner

April 12, 2012 at 11:50 am

Your the Best Bongo…:-)

April 12, 2012 at 5:41 pm

Thanks Alexander and Penny.

3. Paws To Talk

April 12, 2012 at 12:52 pm

Bongo we hope you overtime yard duty is over. You don’t seem like the “cry wolf” type to us. Good thing your person got the memo before you went in the house.

Bella and DiDi

April 12, 2012 at 5:43 pm

Bella and DiDi, my routine is back to normal now and I feel much better.

4. Viciously Sweet

April 12, 2012 at 3:33 pm

Oh Bongo, you should never ever cry wolf about potty breaks. No one wants a statement poo in their bedroom!

April 12, 2012 at 5:45 pm

Viciously Sweet, I sometimes ask for a few extra potty breaks during the day but I never bug my person at night unless it’s really important.

5. whatimeant2say

April 12, 2012 at 3:46 pm

I hope your tummy feels better, Bongo!

April 12, 2012 at 5:47 pm

Wonderbutt’s person, my tummy feels much better now. Thank you.

6. Patricia

April 12, 2012 at 3:51 pm

What a bother for both of you! Hope your back to normal today.

April 12, 2012 at 5:47 pm

Patricia, I’m back to normal now. Thanks.

7. Bassetmomma

April 12, 2012 at 7:20 pm

Please don’t cry wolf for potty breaks! Fred does it all the time and it drives me nuts!

April 12, 2012 at 8:35 pm

Bassetmomma, I never cry wolf at night, but sometimes I ask for an extra one in the morning.

8. monicastangledweb

April 12, 2012 at 10:05 pm

Bongo, you are quite a character. I know I can always stop by and be happily amused. I hope you can stop by tomorrow–Henry has a new post he’s been working on all week! (He’s nowhere near as prolific as you! 😉 )

April 12, 2012 at 10:12 pm

Monica, I’ll make sure to stop by and see Henry’s post tomorrow. I’m looking forward to it.

9. angelswhisper2011

April 12, 2012 at 11:51 pm

I think the wolvessound has something, Bongo, but maybe I like it because we don’t have wolves around. I had fun reading this post, wolfie wolfie…:D

April 13, 2012 at 12:22 am

Thanks Angels Whisper. We just have coyotes around here and they can sound pretty scary when they howl.

April 13, 2012 at 12:11 am

Woo Woo!!!

April 13, 2012 at 12:22 am

Marina, you’re making me want to howl. Woo woo!

11. For the Love of My Dogs

April 13, 2012 at 5:54 am

Hope you feel better Bongo! Being sick is no fun!

April 13, 2012 at 12:28 pm

Deanna, I’m feeling much better now. Thanks.

12. dianeskitchentable

April 13, 2012 at 8:04 am

Bongo I hope you’re feeling better because those nighttime oopsies can be tragic. I’ve been trying to feel better from my Lyme disease stuff which I have no idea why I should have cause I don’t even like limes or lemons! We don’t have wolfs here either but we have a lot of coyotes and I’m not supposed to go near them! Kisses Bongo – Lola

April 13, 2012 at 12:33 pm

Lola, I do feel better now and I managed to make it outside in time every time. Thanks. That Lyme disease sounds nasty. We don’t have a problem with that here. Maybe because the limes and lemons that grow in Phoenix won’t grow here because we’re higher in elevation. I don’t know what it is with coyotes though. I’m not supposed to go near them either. Maybe they have all the limes.

April 13, 2012 at 5:19 pm

Awwwwoooooooooooo!!!!! You ever have any problems with those wolves let the collies know we’ll gang up on them! 🙂 As for that perfumy stuff…. we hate it too!

God Bless You,
    the collies and chuck 🙂

April 13, 2012 at 6:07 pm

Collies and Chuck, those wolves wouldn’t stand a chance if we all ganged up on them. I’m not sure what to do about that perfumy stuff though.

April 14, 2012 at 4:30 am

Hmmm….I’m not sure if I can distingush from wolf howling and dog howling…..Can you Bongo???
    I never heard of wolves howling except films….but they sound very similar like the one we do.

April 14, 2012 at 12:17 pm

Kevin, I’ve never heard wolves howling either, but I hear coyotes howling all the time. Their voices are much higher than dog voices and when a pack of them starts howling together it can sound really scary.

15. tylersat99

April 14, 2012 at 3:26 pm

I’m sorry you had two days that you had to spend a lot of time in the yard. Knowing you Bongo I’m sure your person knew you wouldn’t get her up at night unless you really needed to. She didn’t want to just leave you out cause its probably not safe to be out all night and she wantrd you to get better. I hope you are feeling better now 🙂

April 14, 2012 at 5:05 pm

Lexie and Mica, I’m feeling better now. Thanks. My person never leaves me out in the yard alone because sometimes I get bored and jump the six foot fence, but I’m pretty good about letting her know when I need to go out there.

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )