Living with Bongo

26 Apr

Scratchy on the cabinetsThis is Scratchy here. It’s been a long time since I’ve stolen Bongo’s blog written a post. Bongo’s sleeping in the other room right now so I’m taking advantage of it.

Bongo says I’m not adventurous enough to write anything on his blog – well, let me tell you – living with Bongo is adventure enough some days.

The other day Bongo brought that little dog Houdini over here to play. Those two were so energetic they almost ran me right into the trash can. I beat feet out of there as quick as I could and jumped on top of the kitchen cabinets where I was safe.

I used to hang out on top of those cabinets a lot, but lately I hadn’t been up there much. I’d forgotten how nice it is, and I’ve been hanging out on them more often lately. I can see all over and nobody can touch me.

The best part is being able to keep an eye on Bongo. I can see everything he does when our people leave, and when they come back home I make sure they know about it.

And Bongo can’t do anything about it.

Posted by on April 26, 2012 in Bongo, dogs, humor

Tags: , , , ,

38 responses to “Living with Bongo

1. Teresa Silverthorn

April 26, 2012 at 10:37 am

lol

2. dianeskitchentable

April 26, 2012 at 10:38 am

Pssst, Scratchy don’t tell Lola but I have the same problem sometimes staying out of the way of ol’ Bigfeets. Sometimes I hide & then jump out at her and box her ears just to let her know who’s the real boss in this house…. Lola’s buddy (really we are friends) – Holy Moses

April 26, 2012 at 10:20 pm

Holy Moses, this is Scratchy. You’ve got a great idea. Maybe I should jump out at Bongo like that. Oops. I’d better go. I think Bongo is coming. I can’t let him see me on his blog.

3. Cee Neuner

April 26, 2012 at 12:14 pm

Scratchy one of the cats we had a long time ago loved to be on top of the kitchen cabinets too. You two would have had fun chasing Bongo around the house!!

April 26, 2012 at 10:20 pm

Cee, sometimes I wish there was another cat around here so we could gang up on Bongo.

4. Viciously Sweet

April 26, 2012 at 3:12 pm

Oh Scratchy! Just don’t jump on anyone from up there! My cat does that and nearly gives people heart-attacks 🙂

April 26, 2012 at 10:21 pm

Viciously Sweet, I haven’t tried jumping on anyone yet. I don’t think their heads are big enough targets.

April 26, 2012 at 3:39 pm

Scratchy, your cabinet is a great look-out spot. But I hope you’re not a tattle tale. When the people go out, all bets are off. Bongo can go nuts and do whatever he wants. That’s the rule.

cupcake

April 26, 2012 at 10:23 pm

Cupcake, I always tell on Bongo when he eats my food. But please don’t tell Bongo I’m talking to one of his friends on his blog. He’d get really mad at me. -Scratchy

April 26, 2012 at 4:06 pm

Hi scratchy!
    This is Tigger, I have the same thing with the collies. Problem is they outnumber me a lot and the old guy loves them so they can never do no wrong. Now, I am working on a camera to catch them… then we shall see then! 🙂

April 26, 2012 at 10:23 pm

Tigger, good luck with the camera. I really feel for you with all those collies. One dog is bad enough.

7. Dave

April 26, 2012 at 6:11 pm

Is there any chance Bongo is named after this guy? http://funnynamesblog.wordpress.com/2012/03/15/christ-bongo/

April 26, 2012 at 10:30 pm

Dave, I had to check that out. Too funny. Maybe I’m a soccer player and I don’t know it. They do let you run with the ball in your mouth, don’t they? Thanks for stopping by and commenting.

April 26, 2012 at 11:04 pm

Hi Scratchy! *waves paws* What a clever cat you are! Watching what Bongo is doing from the top of the cabinet when your humans are out sounds great idear! *giggles*
    *Whispers* but I know you love Bongo, don’t you, Scratchy? heehee…. 🙂

April 26, 2012 at 11:09 pm

Kevin, please don’t tell anyone I love Bongo. It would spoil my reputation. -Scratchy

9. monicastangledweb

April 26, 2012 at 11:07 pm

Now, Scratchy, you mustn’t say anything bad about Bongo. I adore him for he’s a good dog. You couldn’t be luckier than to have him as a pal. 😉

April 26, 2012 at 11:10 pm

Monica, my person says I’m not allowed to say anything that would tarnish Bongo’s image. She says he takes care of that himself. I guess he’s okay to have around. -Scratchy

10. Flynnah

April 26, 2012 at 11:30 pm

I won’t let our cat read this, he might try and steal Roxy’s blog!

Stop by for a visit.

Flynn and Roxy xx
    destructivepuppy.blogspot.com.au

April 26, 2012 at 11:58 pm

Flynn and Roxy, you mean Scratchy’s been stealing my blog again? I’d better get after him and give him what for. Definitely don’t let your cat read this post – or anyone else for that matter. Thanks for stopping by and commenting.

11. Bassetmomma

April 27, 2012 at 12:20 am

Well, Scratchy, you definitely have a birds eye view from up there! You’d better be careful though ’cause what will happen if Bongo finds out your a tattletale!

April 27, 2012 at 10:14 am

Bassetmomma, Bongo is a pushover, and if he does try to do something I have my secret weapons tucked inside my paws. -Scratchy

April 27, 2012 at 12:54 am

Poor Scratchy, better take care Bongo doesn’t find out! I’ve been meaning to ask you: why can’t you be good friends and play together?! I know Bongo loves you and would love to play with you…

April 27, 2012 at 10:17 am

Marina, Bongo likes to play rough and I prefer just hanging out. -Scratchy

13. angelswhisper2011

April 27, 2012 at 1:05 am

Scratchy, Big Binky says it’s always good to have a high sight of live 😉

April 27, 2012 at 10:18 am

Angels Whisper, I think Big Binky and I would get along really well. -Scratchy

14. Paws To Talk

April 27, 2012 at 1:18 am

Bongo those are fighting words.
    Bella and DiDi

April 27, 2012 at 10:20 am

Bella and DiDi, Scratchy is really in for it next time my people leave the house.

15. heyitsjethere

April 27, 2012 at 9:47 am

Hey Scratchy, Jet here. Puffy and Fluffy do the same, they usually bolt when JJ and I wrestle or if there is too much going on. By the way, you are quite handsome considering you are a feline!

April 27, 2012 at 10:22 am

Thanks Jet. I’ll take that handsome thing as a compliment. I bet you have a special liking for my color because I think your color is awesome. -Scratchy

• heyitsjethere

April 27, 2012 at 11:00 am

Hey Scratchy… yes, we’re both part of the black pearl club!!!

April 27, 2012 at 7:08 pm

Cats….. *rolls eyes*

April 27, 2012 at 9:11 pm

Rumpy, I knew you’d understand.

17. Hawk (@browndogcbr)

April 28, 2012 at 7:42 am

Hi Y’all,

Hoppin’ by to say “hello” and see how y’all are doing. Looks like the cat knows where to stay! Smart cat!

Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Y’all come by now,
    Hawk aka BrownDog

April 28, 2012 at 12:13 pm

Hawk, Scratchy never wants to play with me anyway, so he might as well stay up there. I hope you have a great weekend too.

18. Nel

April 30, 2012 at 9:01 am

Hey Scratchy!

How’s it going? And how did you get up there?

Can you please ask Bongo if he’s on Twitter?

Smiles,
    Nel

April 30, 2012 at 2:51 pm

Nel, I get up on the counter and then jump to the top of the cabinets. Bongo can jump pretty high, but not that high so he can’t get me.

Bongo says he’s not on Twitter, but he’s been bugging my person to let him on it. He finally talked her into giving him his own Facebook page and he says Twitter’s next. It’s not fair. I don’t even have my own blog yet. -Scratchy

19. Sunshine

May 1, 2012 at 9:27 pm

Haha, I loved Rumpy’s comment and eye roll!! 🙂

May 1, 2012 at 10:56 pm

Rumpy is a lot of fun. He and I think a lot alike.