Tumbleweed Wash

27 Jun

Bongo and TumbleweedsWhat are these things in the wash on my trails? We haven’t had any rain in weeks. Nothing much is growing. Even the cacti aren’t very happy. Where did these green things come from?

They’re what, person? Tumbleweeds? What did they do, just tumble in here?

We must really be living in the Wild West if we’ve got tumbleweeds. These don’t look like tumbleweeds though.

You mean they’re gonna get way bigger than this? And when they’re big enough they’ll go tumbling off when the wind blows?

Sometimes they what? They blow across the highway on windy days? You’ve even driven into big tumbleweeds that were blowing across the highway?

Stupid tumbleweeds. Why would they cross the road when a car’s coming? Shouldn’t they wait for the light to change.

I think I’d better train these tumbleweeds right while they’re still little.

Now little tumbleweeds, remember to look both ways before you cross the wash.

Mini Tumbleweeds

Posted by on June 27, 2012 in Bongo, dogs, humor

Tags: , ,

22 responses to “Tumbleweed Wash

1. Chancy and Mumsy

June 27, 2012 at 1:27 pm

We have never seen a tumbleweed with good sense sweet Bongo. They just blow anywhere and everywhere not taking a thought of direction and what might happen to them. Hope they listen to your good advice. Hugs and nose kisses

June 27, 2012 at 9:25 pm

Chancy and Mumsy, I’m afraid these tumbleweeds won’t ever get a chance to grow up. As soon as we get a good rain they’re gonna tumble right down the middle of the wash. Hugs and nose kisses back to you.

2. Misty Shores Chesapeakes

June 27, 2012 at 5:35 pm

Very interesting I have never seen a tumbleweed that small before.

June 27, 2012 at 9:28 pm

Misty Shores, if they don’t tumble down the wash in our next rainstorm, they’ll eventually turn into full sized tumbleweeds.

3. bumpyroadtobubba

June 27, 2012 at 7:24 pm

We have tumbleweed in our house – but it’s made up of puppy fur!

June 27, 2012 at 9:29 pm

Bumpy Road, the puppy fur kind of tumbleweed is the best kind.

• bumpyroadtobubba

June 27, 2012 at 9:35 pm

Mumma says there’s so much of it we could make money having ‘build a puppy’ workshops at our house. She thinks she’s so funny!

4. Patricia

June 27, 2012 at 7:47 pm

I never thought about how a tumbleweed looks before it starts tumbling. Interesting.

June 27, 2012 at 9:30 pm

Patricia, my person says she once had lots of little tumbleweeds in her yard after a neighbor’s tumbleweeds tumbled over in a windstorm. She had a horrible time getting rid of them.

June 27, 2012 at 8:37 pm

Yes Bongo, you should tell them how to across the roads or your trail, or they have lots of dangers!!!! Here here :)))

June 27, 2012 at 9:32 pm

Kevin, my person says I should let them get squashed before the tumbleweeds take over.

June 28, 2012 at 8:23 am

Bongo, training tumbleweeds sounds like a washout activity. They just don’t listen to trainers…and no one knows what kind of treat they like!

June 28, 2012 at 11:51 am

Karen, that sounds like a new invention I should come up with – Tumbleweed Treats

June 28, 2012 at 12:23 pm

Those tumbleweeds need a leash to keep them safe!

June 28, 2012 at 3:46 pm

Cupcake, I might need lots of little tumbleweed leashes. Maybe I could find some loose twigs on my trails that would work.

8. angelswhisper2011

June 29, 2012 at 12:52 am

Bongo, we’re not having tumbleweeds around, maybe they also don’t survive over here, because of all the rain we have in my country 😦

June 29, 2012 at 11:41 am

Angels Whisper, I think those tumbleweeds do like it dry. We haven’t had rain in a long time.

June 29, 2012 at 1:40 pm

Perhaps you should “water” them… heheheh We wonder why tumbleweeds would cross the road too….. strange! 😛

June 29, 2012 at 2:54 pm

Collies, if it doesn’t rain soon those tumbleweeds will need some water, or they’ll never get big enough to cross the road.

June 30, 2012 at 1:37 pm

I’ve seen tumbleweeds tumbling in western movies Bongo but they weren’t green and they appeared much bigger 🙂

June 30, 2012 at 3:05 pm

Bassa, this is the way tumbleweeds start out. Then they get very big and turn brown. They only have one root so they come out of the ground easily and then they tumble all over dropping their seeds everywhere.

July 3, 2012 at 3:03 am

I’m sure that now they’ll look both ways!