Could I Just Have My Treats?

13 Feb

Bongo waiting for the door to openI was really excited today when my person went out to the car and then came back for me. She didn’t even have to tell me. I jumped right in.

I’m not sure why she won’t let me in the front seat when she’s driving, but at least the ride wasn’t long.

We got out at the vet. I love going to the vet. Treats and loves. That’s what I get.

I made a new friend when I got inside. A poodle. He greeted me at the door.

And then one of my people friends came to get me.

She checked me over and then left the room. I stood patiently looking at the door and wagging my tail, waiting for her to come back so I could get my treats and loves.

Bongo between the vet and the technician

But they were holding off on those treats today, and picking at me instead.

Bongo between two people with their hands on him

I tried to get my person to make them stop and give me my treats, but she seemed helpless to do anything.

Bongo's hair in the comb being checked

I don’t know what they were finding so interesting in my hair.

If they wanted a souvenir so bad they could have just cut a hunk of hair off. I wouldn’t mind. But please give me my treats and loves.

Bongo being held onto while his hair is combed

This wasn’t quite the kind of loves I had in mind.

They found what? Little bugs attached to me? Tics? Do they taste good?

I’ll settle for my treats then.

Oh yeah? I might have given bugs to Scratchy? I bet I did because I kissed him this morning.

Make sure you tell Scratchy I made an appointment for him so he could get picked at too. And no treats for you Scratchy because you don’t like going to the vet.

That’s what you get Scratchy, for walking away in the middle of a kiss.

Posted by on February 13, 2013 in Bongo, dogs, humor

Tags: , , , , ,

38 responses to “Could I Just Have My Treats?

February 13, 2013 at 11:03 am

I expect you picked up those little fellows whilst walking your trails… Our dogs get them in the summer but this year I am going to spray my doggy friends with aplle cider vinagar its supposed to get rid of everything..You were a good boy Bongo and I hope that you got your loves and treats

February 13, 2013 at 8:51 pm

Patrecia, I did get my loves and treats eventually. I’ve never gotten tics before and the vet was surprised I got them this time of year. My person had to get expensive medicine that’s supposed to kill them. Maybe she could give me an apple cider vinegar bath instead.

• misswhiplash

February 14, 2013 at 7:34 am

yep! that sure would work…all the tics would fall about drunk but at least they would be happy

February 13, 2013 at 11:04 am

Oh, poor thing!!! Little bugs taking advantage of you! But now, I’m sure those tics are getting what for aren’t they?! Plus, you’re getting more treats …aren’t you?!!!!
    🙂

February 13, 2013 at 8:52 pm

Marina, I did finally get lots of treats. And I gave those bugs what for so they should all be gone now.

3. Will and Eko

February 13, 2013 at 11:14 am

Bumps and bruises (and bugs!) are the price we pay for being adventurers – but luckily you have a great team there to take care of you off the trails.

February 13, 2013 at 8:53 pm

Will and Eko, I guess I have to put up with a few things because I can’t give up my adventures. I got lots of help giving those bugs what for though.

4. themisadventuresofmisaki

February 13, 2013 at 11:52 am

I hope you did get some treats and loves in the end. I had to have my injections today and didn’t like those at all:-(

February 13, 2013 at 8:54 pm

Misaki, I did get lots of treats and loves in the end. I actually went in to get injections, but when they found those bugs they said I had to wait.

5. FleaByte

February 13, 2013 at 3:26 pm

ACK! Not TICKS!!! Now fleas – those are totally acceptable.

February 13, 2013 at 8:56 pm

FleaByte, it’s so dry here that we don’t have problems with fleas. I’ll tell my person they’re okay though and maybe she can go out and find some.

February 13, 2013 at 3:35 pm

OMGoodness, B.! Bug invasion! That did not look like fun at all. Combing and picking is worse that brushing and nail cutting. You were very brave. Brace for impact, Scratchy. You’re next.

February 13, 2013 at 8:57 pm

Cupcake, Scratchy’s gonna hate it. I hope he doesn’t take it out on me when he gets back home.

7. Donna

February 13, 2013 at 3:51 pm

Mean old blood suckers, picking on you. That’s not right. 😦

February 13, 2013 at 8:57 pm

Donna, no kidding it’s not right. But I gave them what for and they’re gone now.

February 13, 2013 at 6:32 pm

Rotten Tics!!! We collies are glad you gave them to Scratchy…. muwahahahaah er.. Dad is yelling at us.. that is not nice… shhhh…. we are still glad you gave them to Scratchy. heheheheh can you send some for Tigger?
    Your friends,
    the collies and a annoyed dad

February 13, 2013 at 8:58 pm

Collies, I’ll see if I can get one off Scratchy and send it to you for Tigger. I gave all mine what for.

9. To Shea

February 13, 2013 at 7:40 pm

poor Bongo….I hope those bugs didnt get you sick in any way…Sorry to hear about that…:-(

February 13, 2013 at 8:59 pm

Alex and Penny, I don’t feel sick at all, but I have to go back in awhile to get tested and make sure I don’t have anything.

10. bztraining

February 14, 2013 at 12:51 am

Oh no! Little livestock = bad bad bad

February 14, 2013 at 11:13 pm

BZTraining, I gave those things what for and they’re all gone now.

11. Dalton

February 14, 2013 at 2:01 am

I bet scratchy gave you the bugs!!

February 14, 2013 at 11:14 pm

Dalton, I bet he did too. But he’s getting his. He has to go to the vet to get checked for bugs tomorrow. And he hates the vet.

• Dalton

February 18, 2013 at 1:49 am

hee hee revenge!

12. BaxterBiscuits

February 14, 2013 at 7:19 am

Glad they found those ticks. 🙂

February 14, 2013 at 11:14 pm

Baxter, I am too. Cause now I got to give them what for and they’re gone.

February 14, 2013 at 7:37 am

Oh no… Ticks! They are harmless ones? We have this report that lethal tick was found in Japan and they kill humans, too! How scary……Please be careful Bongo!

February 14, 2013 at 11:16 pm

Kevin, I have to go back to the vet in awhile and get tested to make sure those tics didn’t give me anything bad. But we haven’t had any reports of lethal tics here.

14. Two French Bulldogs

February 14, 2013 at 7:39 am

Oh my word, we love the attention at the vets too. We never had no ticks. Hope they got all those trespassers
    Snorts,
    Benny & Lily

February 14, 2013 at 11:17 pm

Benny & Lily, this is the first time I’ve had any tics. But I have them what for and now they’re gone.

15. kolytyi

February 14, 2013 at 9:23 am

OMG, how could the vet resist that cute smile??? It is sooooooooo sweet!

February 14, 2013 at 11:18 pm

Kolytyi, I finally got my loves and treats. The vet really does love me.

16. dianeskitchentable

February 14, 2013 at 3:30 pm

You’re so brave Bongo. I get so scared at the vet that they just hand Diane a roll of paper towels to mop the floor. They’re really nice & I love them, but I get scared…I get ticks too but not right now – that’s the other great thing with having Nemo all over the place here. I guess Nemo scares the ticks away for a while. You did get extra treats though right?

February 14, 2013 at 11:24 pm

Lola, they finally gave me lots of extra treats. I sure wish I could hang out in Nemo with you though. I gave those tics what for, but it would be more fun letting Nemo scare them away.

17. tylersat99

February 14, 2013 at 6:48 pm

We get Tics here on us and people. They can make both sick, so Mom has to make sure we have the anti Tic medicine on. We are sorry you had some on you, we did not realize you had Tics in Sedona. Hope you stay well and no more Tics!

February 14, 2013 at 11:27 pm

Lexie and Mica, this is the first time I’ve ever had tics. Now I have tic medicine too. I have to go back to the vet in a few weeks to make sure the tics didn’t make me sick. More treats and loves when I go back.

18. angelswhisper2011

February 19, 2013 at 2:19 am

How dare they! Picking on the most famous dog in the world.. somebody must have commit sabotage….

February 19, 2013 at 11:00 pm

Little Binky, I think Scratchy gave me those tics because they didn’t find any on him. But at least I gave them what for and they’re gone now.