I Won!

12 Aug

Small package in a mailboxI won! I won!

I’ve never won anything before ever.

Scratchy won something once – thanks to me, but I’ve never won anything.

But now I have. Woo woo!

And it’s here! It showed up in my mailbox.

I can’t wait to open it.

Bongo checking out a package

What? Oh yeah.

I guess I’d better tell you how I got my prize.

My friend Gizmo had a contest on his blog and I entered it. It wasn’t a contest for cats like that other one that Scratchy won. It was a contest for dogs.

And I won!

Now I’ve got to see what I got. My person says she knows, but she didn’t tell me.

So now it will be a big surprise.

Hey person, I can’t open this box. You open it.

Bongo with his prizes

Look! Look!

I got special pet soap.

This is so cool. I love baths!

Hey person. I’m way overdue for a bath. I want to try out this soap.

But what’s this other thing?

Something called Undoos.

They come from a place called FetchEarth. The same place the soap came from.

But what are Undoos?

Oh.

Oh.

That’s what they are?

They’re biodewhatable?

I get it now. They fall apart in the garbage instead of sticking around for hundreds of years like plastic.

But what do they do?

They hold my business after I get rid of it?

And there’s a little wipe to clean me too?

Person, that’s kind of embarrassing.

You’re not supposed to talk about things like that in public.

Let’s change the subject.

I’m going to be the cleanest dog in town.

Monday Mischief Pet Blog Hop

Click here to find more mischievous pets.

Posted by on August 12, 2013 in Bongo

41 responses to “I Won!

August 12, 2013 at 10:40 am

who could ask for anything more…soap and bottom wipes and biodegradable…you really are the luckiest fella there is and you will smell so beautiful..I wonder what they other dogs will think when they pick up your new smell!!!

August 12, 2013 at 5:16 pm

Patrecia, I hope all my girlfriends come running.

August 12, 2013 at 10:42 am

Wow, Bongo, you are so lucky!!!! I love your biodewhatable soap! By the way, it took me some time pulling my self together after reading your post and getting back on the chair! Well, we can forget about the wipe. A respectable dog has to draw the line!!! Am I to assume then that by next post you are going to be a bathed doggy? 🙂

August 12, 2013 at 5:18 pm

Marina, I’m still trying to talk my person into giving me a shower. She does it outside with the garden hose and she says it’s too hot outside. I’m trying to tell her that all she has to do is take a shower with me and she won’t be hot.

3. agatapokutycka

August 12, 2013 at 10:46 am

How lovely!
    Happy for you…
    Now ask your human for a nice long bath
    Enjoy!

August 12, 2013 at 5:19 pm

Agata, I’m working on that bath thing – as soon as I finish my nap.

4. SlimDoggy (@MySlimDoggy)

August 12, 2013 at 10:55 am

Congrats on the win Bongo – enjoy your bath!

August 12, 2013 at 5:20 pm

Thanks SlimDoggy. I’m thinking I should get a few baths out of this.

5. Sonja

August 12, 2013 at 11:10 am

Lucky you! And now you are going to smell wonderful as well and, I’ll bet you get a really good treat after your bath–we do at our house. Lady Caroline

August 12, 2013 at 5:21 pm

Lady Caroline, you get treats after your bath? I’d better get after my person. She’s been cheating me out of treats. Thanks for stopping by and commenting.

6. PigLove

August 12, 2013 at 11:15 am

Congrats my friend. That is so exciting. I *love* packages in the mail. XOXO – Bacon

August 12, 2013 at 5:22 pm

Thanks Bacon. This was my first time getting my own package in the mail. It was so exciting.

• PigLove

August 12, 2013 at 5:37 pm

And I’m sure you will get plenty more my friend. XOXO – Bacon

7. Traveling Cats

August 12, 2013 at 11:37 am

Congratulations on the prize, Bongo. Now you will be even more handsome than you already are.

August 12, 2013 at 5:22 pm

Thanks Cats. I’m getting ready to get all spiffed up.

August 12, 2013 at 12:25 pm

Wow!!! We think its great but Ginger says water the biodegradables asap so you dont have to use them… heheheh

August 12, 2013 at 5:24 pm

Ginger, all I can say is my person better not use those wipes on me in front of you or any other girls. Or boy dogs either. How embarrassing!

August 12, 2013 at 12:54 pm

Congratulations on being such a winner, B. You will be a clean and shiny dog from top to “bottom” and by bottom, I mean bottom. Literally!

August 12, 2013 at 5:24 pm

Cupcake, please don’t tell anybody about my bottom. I’m so embarrassed.

August 12, 2013 at 2:28 pm

Bongo won big when you showed up at this house.
    Congrats on your most recent win! Actually those bags sound like something people should know about – thanks

August 12, 2013 at 5:25 pm

Karen, those bags are pretty cool. They’re not bulky so they’re easy for people to carry with them.

11. pamtanzey

August 12, 2013 at 5:34 pm

Congratulations Bongo! I’m so glad you won something! Happy bathing!

August 12, 2013 at 5:49 pm

Thanks Pam. I’m looking forward to lots of baths. I love water in any form. And thanks for stopping by and commenting.

12. Gizmo

August 12, 2013 at 5:45 pm

I’m so pleased and proud that you won your first prize from me Bongo! That makes me happy…You will love the soap…it’s so gentle and leaves your furs nice and clean with no funny smell…And as we all know Poop Happens! Thank you so much for linking up to our Scoop That Poop hop today…excellent timing! Maybe you can win again 😉

August 12, 2013 at 5:50 pm

Gizmo, it was so exciting to win that prize from you. You’re really a special friend. I haven’t got my bath yet, but I’ll let you know when I do.

13. snoopys@snoopysdogblog

August 12, 2013 at 7:45 pm

Hey Bongo,

You’re weird dude, who likes baths? However, I was also admiring those undoos on Gizmos site, I need to get my Mum to get me some of those!

Have fun,

Your pal Snoopy 🙂

August 12, 2013 at 10:20 pm

Snoopy, I like water in any way, shape or form. A bath is kind of like mini-swimming to me.

14. Dalton

August 13, 2013 at 2:24 am

Well done you!

August 13, 2013 at 1:59 pm

Thanks Dalton.

15. Two French Bulldogs

August 13, 2013 at 6:48 am

Yippee !!!! It is so much fun to win stuff
    Benny & Lily

August 13, 2013 at 2:00 pm

Benny & Lily, it was really exciting.

August 13, 2013 at 7:10 am

Congratulations Bongo!!! How lucky you are! You look very happy on the picture.
    I’ve never won anything in my life…..must be so excited if you win something!!!
    Cool! Doggie soap! *sniff sniff* Mmmm….smells great! 🙂

August 13, 2013 at 2:01 pm

Thanks Kevin. I’m still waiting for my bath with that soap. My person is pulling that “busy” thing again.

17. kolytyi

August 13, 2013 at 9:34 am

Oh, Bongo, I LOVE your happy smile!!! At your evening walk, head for your puddle, jump into it and a huge bath will be guaranteed!

August 13, 2013 at 2:02 pm

Kolytyi, my poor puddle has disappeared again. I think it must have got tired of so many different creatures hanging out in it and it left. I wonder if I can get the backyard hose turned on.

18. angelswhisper2011

August 13, 2013 at 11:52 am

I’m so excited with you, Bongo. Can’t wait to hear about your scrubbing with the winning soap. Congratulations! Do you think that soap works for elderly Kitties too 🙂

August 13, 2013 at 2:08 pm

Little Binky, the label says Pet Soap so I’m sure cats could use it too. Maybe I should try some on Scratchy.

19. onebluedog

August 13, 2013 at 12:47 pm

Congratulations, Bongo! I didn’t know you were so into baths…ummm, do you want some of mine? I mean, I would be totally willing to share. 🙂

August 13, 2013 at 2:11 pm

Remy, I’ll take your baths for you. I like water in any way, shape, or form. But mostly I get showers. My person says she doesn’t like all my hair clogging up her bathtub so she sprays me with the garden hose outside. It’s great fun.

• onebluedog

August 13, 2013 at 5:55 pm

Oh, I wish I could share your enthusiasm, Bongo…or at least my mom wishes I could 😉