National Cat Day

29 Oct

Scratchy on the back of a futonThis is terrible! Just terrible!

Yesterday I told you about the big and little packages I got.

But my person wouldn’t let me open them yet.

I’m dying to know what’s in them, and she still won’t let me open them.

Here’s why.

Today is National Cat Day. Do you believe it?

Maybe I could understand if it was National Dog Day, but it isn’t.

And – listen to this – it gets even worse.

My person said I have to give my blog to Scratchy for the rest of the day.

Scratchy on the back of the couch

This is Scratchy here.

I really don’t have much to say, but I know it’s really irritating Bongo that I’m on his blog.

So I’m going to stay here as long as I can.

He thinks he’s got something so special in those packages of his.

I bet there’s nothing that great in them. Probably a large lump of coal or something.

At least that’s what Bongo deserves.

Anyway, I think he’s just jealous because I’ve gotten all slim and trim so now I get to eat canned food.

And Bongo just gets to eat his boring old dry stuff.

That box better not be full of canned dog food.

Bongo by a large box

Did I hear dog food?

If I hang out long enough by this box my person will have to let me open it.

Posted by on October 29, 2013 in Bongo, dogs, humor

Tags: , , , , , , ,

26 responses to “National Cat Day

1. stanze

October 29, 2013 at 10:37 am

Oh, Pet Products, I bet it’s something great in the box. definitely not coal.

October 29, 2013 at 11:02 am

Stanze, I think you’re right. I don’t think they make coal for pets.

2. kimberlymringer

October 29, 2013 at 10:37 am

Poor Bongo. Having to share with the likes of a CAT! pfff.

October 29, 2013 at 11:06 am

Kimberly, I’m so glad you understand. Living with a cat can be a real challenge – especially the one I live with.

October 29, 2013 at 10:39 am

Oh, Bongo, give him a break for a day – after all it is his day and YOU are the one with the gifts!! I know you two are pals anyway – no point hiding it! 😉
    Another guess for the big box… could it be your very own water hole? 🙂

October 29, 2013 at 11:07 am

Marina, I think I might see a little water leaking out of that box. That would be so cool. I could go swimming in my living room.

4. Two French Bulldogs

October 29, 2013 at 11:48 am

It’s a setup. Wait til she gets a package in the mail

October 29, 2013 at 1:59 pm

Lily, I don’t think anybody cares enough to send Scratchy a package in the mail.

October 29, 2013 at 11:48 am

It might be National Cat Day, but I don’t see any packages with Scratchy’s name on them!

October 29, 2013 at 1:59 pm

Cupcake, cats just don’t know how to celebrate. He’d better not try to steal my packages though.

6. Kuruk

October 29, 2013 at 12:21 pm

Hi Scratchy! Nice to meet you! Kitty sisfur Zoe says: Me-Ommmmm (

October 29, 2013 at 2:03 pm

Hi Zoe. Happy National Cat Day to you. I see you have your own blog. I think it’s time I got one too. Then I’d never have to sneak on Bongo’s blog again. We’ll see who gets the most stats.

7. dianeskitchentable

October 29, 2013 at 1:34 pm

The way I figure it is they have ONE National Dog Day but around here it seems like EVERY day is National Cat Day! I think cats are in on this….Lola

October 29, 2013 at 2:06 pm

Lola, those cats have some kind of conspiracy going. I say us dogs need to do something about it.

• dianeskitchentable

October 29, 2013 at 5:26 pm

We need to get something going. At least you know how to type and spell more words than ‘ride’ ‘treat’ ‘hungry’ and ‘damn cat’…that’s my limit, Lola

October 29, 2013 at 10:10 pm

Lola, I think those are enough words. I have to admit my person helps me out with those big words.

8. Two Cats and a Cattledog

October 29, 2013 at 2:59 pm

I hate to break it to you Bongo, but Scratchy is also getting something when you open the boxes… the boxes! Scratchy, thanks for letting me know it’s National Cat Day… I can’t believe my human almost missed it. ~Tuxedo Jack

October 29, 2013 at 3:18 pm

Tuxedo Jack, you’re making it hard for me to open those boxes. Oh well, I guess Scratchy can have them. It will keep him busy until Christmas when he always jumps into the great big Christmas tree box.

9. Andrea

October 29, 2013 at 9:23 pm

I didn’t know today was National Cat Day! Guess I’ll wait to boot the neighbors cat off my car for a few minutes before I leave for work in celebration. 😉

Bongo – I was wondering if you’d like to take part in a fun NaNoWriMo project Rocco is doing. We’re hoping to make an entire novel written by dogs, but we’d like to have lots of dogs! If you’d like to participate, please e-mail me at bossdog AT roccoshouse DOT com. We’d so love to have you 😀

October 30, 2013 at 10:51 am

Don’t let that cat stay there too long. I’ll have my person send you an email.

October 30, 2013 at 6:51 am

Hi Scratchy! *waving paws* It’s nice to see you look so good! W have four kitties here, so “National cat day” sounds one of the most important day in our family, too! 🙂

October 30, 2013 at 10:57 am

Kevin, National Cat Day is the best day of the year in my book. Say hi to all your kitties for me. -Scratchy

11. Viciously Sweet

October 30, 2013 at 4:06 pm

Sorry Bongo.. my kitties got all sorts of prizes yesterday!
    But I love cats and DOGS everyday of the year 🙂

October 30, 2013 at 10:03 pm

Viciously Sweet, was I supposed to give Scratchy a prize too?

November 25, 2013 at 10:22 am

why is it dogs get all the presents? hmmmph

November 26, 2013 at 12:01 pm

Tigger, dogs think they’re so special. I think it’s because they destroy their toys and have to get new ones. Us cats are good with our stuff.-Scratchy

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )