Off to Egypt

29 Jul
Moses and Aaron before Pharaoh (painting by Be...

Moses and Aaron before Pharaoh (painting by Benjamin West) (Photo credit: Wikipedia)

Hey person, I’ve had to wait a whole week to find out if Moses left his sheep and his sheep dogs and went to Egypt. So are you going to tell me? I’m still waiting.

He did go? I thought so. God was pretty insistent. But what about the sheep?

The Bible doesn’t say anything about the sheep? Why not? Okay I’ll listen to the story.

Moses took his wife and sons and put them on a donkey and headed back to Egypt. At least they took a donkey with them.

Yes, I’m listening person.

The Lord told Moses’ brother Aaron to go into the desert to meet Moses, so that Aaron could help Moses when he went to face Pharoah.

When Moses and Aaron got to Egypt they met with the elders of the Israelites who were very happy to hear that the Lord was concerned about them.

Then Moses and Aaron went to Pharaoh.

Did they give him what for?

I am listening.

They told Pharaoh that the Lord, the God of Israel says, “Let my people go, that they may hold a festival to me in the desert.”

Did Pharaoh let them go?

He what!?

Not only did Pharaoh say no, he made things harder on the Israelites. He told his slave drivers and foremen to stop giving the Israelites straw for making bricks, but to require them to make the same number of bricks as before.

So now the Israelites had to find their own straw and still make the same number of bricks. And they weren’t very happy with Moses and Aaron.

Moses went to God and he wasn’t very happy with God. It seemed to him that God had sent him to cause more trouble for the Israelites and God hadn’t rescued them at all.

So is God going to help Moses give Pharaoh what for, or not?

What do you mean, I’ve got to wait another week? How long is this story anyway? Do you think maybe you could get God to move a little faster?

Posted by on July 29, 2012 in Bongo, Dogology, humor

Tags: , , , , , , , , ,

24 responses to “Off to Egypt

1. pouringmyartout

July 29, 2012 at 10:41 am

This made me laugh. It really catches my questions about organized religion. I have read the bible, and I am more confused than ever. But there were some funny parts.

July 29, 2012 at 1:08 pm

Glad you enjoyed my story Pouringmyartout, and thanks for stopping by and commenting. Even though I’m a dog telling the Bible stories, most of the Bible is about people, and people do have a sense of humor – at least I think they do.

• pouringmyartout

July 29, 2012 at 1:42 pm

Maybe it takes a dog’s special brilliance to understand some parts of the bible. I know people usually don’t.

July 29, 2012 at 11:27 am

…for a moment there I thought… Bongo going to Egypt to see the pyramids!!!! Patience dear!

July 29, 2012 at 1:10 pm

Marina, that would be great fun seeing the pyramids. I could run up and down them. They’re not so far from where you live (at least compared to how far they are from me). Want to join me?

• marina kanavaki

July 30, 2012 at 12:05 am

Ah, Bongo, even though I’ve been there I’d love to go back, just to see you running up and down them!!!!!!

3. Chancy and Mumsy

July 29, 2012 at 3:43 pm

We just have to be patient sweet Bongo…we bet the story is going to worth the wait. Hugs and nose kisses

July 29, 2012 at 8:05 pm

Chancy and Mumsy, it’s so hard to be patient sometimes, but I guess I don’t have any choice. Hugs and nose kisses back to you.

4. Misty Shores Chesapeakes

July 29, 2012 at 5:35 pm

Be patient Bongo I have a feeling it will work out in the end. God never leaves us just hanging 🙂

July 29, 2012 at 8:06 pm

Misty Shores, my person says God tells us what we need to know when we need to know it. Does that mean I don’t need to know the rest of the story yet?

5. angelswhisper2011

July 30, 2012 at 1:02 am

LOL 😀 Bongo, don’t be impatient, everything in time 🙂

July 30, 2012 at 12:46 pm

Angels Whisper, I guess I would have a lot of trouble listening if my person told me the whole story all at once.

6. Alfie Entlebucher (@AlfieEntle)

July 30, 2012 at 3:38 am

Rooooo I’m feeling impatient too now! *waggy tail*

July 30, 2012 at 12:46 pm

Alfie, it’s so hard to have patience sometimes, isn’t it?

July 30, 2012 at 7:29 am

Oooohhhhh…..Bongo…I understand how you feel…me too!!! I’d love to hear the rest of the story as soon as possible!!! I’m very interested in how God helps Moses! Hurry up Bongo’s person!!! 🙂

July 30, 2012 at 12:47 pm

Kevin, my person says God does some amazing things to help Moses, but she’s still making us wait to find out about it.

8. Sunshine

July 30, 2012 at 7:48 am

Or maybe, Bongo, you should just practice your acting skills and act like you suddenly got so famished and soo weak thinking about the long wait and now, here is your cue: act like you need gourmet doggie treats NOW or things will get ugly…hehe. 🙂

July 30, 2012 at 12:50 pm

Sunshine, that’s a great idea. That way I win either way. I’ll either get the treats – or the rest of the story.

• Sunshine

July 30, 2012 at 7:41 pm

Yep! 🙂

July 30, 2012 at 9:41 am

We have to wait another week? 🙂

July 30, 2012 at 12:50 pm

Do you believe it Bassa? A week seems like such a long time.

July 31, 2012 at 5:51 pm

Great story Bongo! We are waiting with lots of interest for next week! We believe God will give the Pharoah the what for!!!

July 31, 2012 at 7:17 pm

Collies, I’m pretty sure God is going to give Pharaoh what for. I just hope it’s a really good one.