Replaced Commandments

14 Oct
Moses with Radiant Face (1638 painting by José...

Moses with Radiant Face (1638 painting by José de Ribera) (Photo credit: Wikipedia)

Hey person, Moses broke those tablets with the Ten Commandments on them when he got so mad about the golden calf and all the partying – so now what?

How are those people going to know what the rules are if they’re already broken before they get them?

They what? They broke one of the commandments before they even got it – and that’s why Moses was so mad?

Those people had better get their act together. But how are they going to do it?

He did? Moses went back up the mountain? I bet he was worn out. He must have been huffing and puffing the second time.

Oh. My person says God told Moses to chisel two stone tablets like the first ones so He could write on them again.

So Moses got some rest from climbing that mountain. I bet he chiseled those tablets really slow so he had time to catch his breath.

Moses stayed on that mountain with God for another forty days and forty nights without eating bread or drinking water.

That’s a long time. I bet he ran to the nearest stream when he came back down that mountain.

I am listening.

When Moses came down that mountain with the two tablets after speaking to the Lord his face was shining but he didn’t know it.

I bet he wondered what was going on. All the people must have been staring and pointing at him and whispering to each other.

I’m listening. But do you think Moses needs to powder his shiny face?

Okay, I’ll be serious.

He did? Moses put a veil on his face when he was with the people, but every time he went to speak with the Lord he took the veil off and when he came out his face would be radiant again.

Hey person, that would be cool to talk to God like Moses did. Do you think if I rubbed my face in glitter glue people would believe I did?

Posted by on October 14, 2012 in Bongo, Dogology, humor

Tags: , , , , , , ,

11 responses to “Replaced Commandments

October 14, 2012 at 10:33 am

We all think it would be sort of awesome yet very intimidating to talk to God. Except for Ginger.. she says she has a few plots for him to try out… sigh…

October 14, 2012 at 10:01 pm

Ginger, let me know how it goes talking to God. If it works out for you then maybe I’ll try it.

October 14, 2012 at 10:52 am

Bongo, you don’t need to put any glitter glue on your face… you are already radiant!
    🙂

October 14, 2012 at 10:02 pm

Thanks Marina. You’re so sweet.

3. Misty Shores Chesapeakes

October 14, 2012 at 7:23 pm

Bongo I talk to God everyday in my prayers 🙂

October 14, 2012 at 10:05 pm

Misty Shores, I bet your face is radiant afterwards too.

• Misty Shores Chesapeakes

October 15, 2012 at 5:56 pm

🙂

October 15, 2012 at 6:51 am

I’m glad that God made those replaced ten commandments again, still not sure why it took forty days and forty nights to get them ….and also I’m wondering why Moses face was shining? because he talked to God? Woof?

October 15, 2012 at 3:09 pm

Kevin, I think God had a lot to say to Moses. He gave him a lot more laws than just the Ten Commandments and also gave him detailed instructions for building the tabernacle. And Moses’ shining face was a reflection of God’s glory – after awhile it started fading until he talked to God again.

5. angelswhisper2011

October 18, 2012 at 12:26 am

Oh, Bongo, I know it’s a serious story, but I can’t stop laughing. I would like to see your glittering glue face ;D

October 19, 2012 at 8:20 pm

Angels Whisper, I’ll have to get my person to take a picture. Person, what do you mean, it doesn’t show up in the camera?