Jet Trails

19 Oct

Sedona Sunset with Jet TrailMy trails are not the highest trails around. They’re underneath another set of trails. Jet trails.

Lots of jets fly over my trails. You can see where the setting sun is lighting up one of the  jet trails in the top of this picture.

Usually those jets don’t bother me – I hardly notice them at all. Except when it’s cloudy outside. I guess they figure that I can’t see them, and they want to make sure I know they’re there anyway. So they turn up their jet noise, and it sounds a lot like thunder.

When that happens I have to calm my person down. She gets all excited when she thinks it’s thunder, and I’m afraid she’s going to grab me by the leash and drag me home. I have to convince her that it’s not thunder at all.

But there are a few of those flying things that don’t seem to understand that they have to stay on the trails. I get in trouble if I wander off the trail. Shouldn’t all the flying things stay on their trails too?

Helicopter and Cloud Buildups

This one looks like it’s having a race with the clouds. I’m not sure who’s going to win, but I bet if that flying thing stayed in the jet trails the clouds wouldn’t have a chance.

Biplane and Contrail

I can see the jet trail in this picture and this flying thing is way off of it. Actually, I think this flying thing lost its way in time too. There must be a time warp somewhere in those jet trails, and I bet this flying thing popped out of it and got confused.

Hot Air Balloon

Wait a minute! This one looks like it’s trying to come down and steal my trails. I hope someone tells these flying things that if they want to be flying things, they’ve got to fly.

Posted by on October 19, 2012 in Bongo, dogs, humor

Tags: , , , , , , , ,

36 responses to “Jet Trails

October 19, 2012 at 11:02 am

Even though thunder scares you, you are still brave, B. I am terrified of all flying things (including birds), ever since The Day of the Blimp. Yep. A blimp flew over my house and the rest is shivering, shaking, tail-between-the-legs history. Good thing your person has you to look out for her.

October 19, 2012 at 8:42 pm

Cupcake, I guess that’s one thing we don’t have around here – blimps. My person says it she used to see it in Seattle sometimes when she lived there. I guess I’m lucky it didn’t follow her here.

2. dianeskitchentable

October 19, 2012 at 12:03 pm

Oh-oh Bongo, watch out for those big balloons! I had one almost hit our house one time & it made a very loud noise – it got back up in the air but that must have been because I barked it back up away from my house…Lola

October 19, 2012 at 8:45 pm

Lola, I bet you scared that balloon back up in the air. Those balloons don’t come near my house because they might get tangled up in the rocks – my person actually took that picture a couple miles from here – but a dog my person knows would get scared of the balloons when they came near his house.

3. onebluedog

October 19, 2012 at 12:08 pm

Those are really neat photos Bongo! I wonder what it is like to be up so high…

P.S. I have a tasty treat on my blog for you 🙂

October 19, 2012 at 8:52 pm

Thanks so much – and thanks for the tasty treat too. It was yummy!

4. Dianda

October 19, 2012 at 12:09 pm

Oooh, those balloons are so cool!

October 19, 2012 at 8:53 pm

Thanks Dianda. My person was excited to be close enough to get a good picture.

• Dianda

October 20, 2012 at 2:19 am

We have those a lot here during the summer. They always look very colorful in the sky.

5. Echo & Link

October 19, 2012 at 12:21 pm

OMD what a busy busy sky !!
    Look closer to your trails budy, we never know…

Woos of love.

Echo & Link

p.s :We have something sweet for you! Come see: http://huskyslife.com/food-figh/

October 19, 2012 at 9:00 pm

Echo & Link, thanks for that award. It’s making me drool.

October 19, 2012 at 1:00 pm

Good those fly guys have a lot of room up there. Maybe if they had leashes they could stick to their trails?

October 19, 2012 at 9:01 pm

Karen, I think the leashes would work – but then we’d have to find someone to hold them.

7. To Shea

October 19, 2012 at 3:25 pm

Balloons are very cool, be careful of those jet trails. A friend of mind insists that planes and jets are leaving “Chem Trails”, meaning the govt is having them dump chemicals into the air. We have no proof of this but sometimes the air near my friends house DOES smell after a few jets have flown by. Just be careful…;-)
    Alex and Penny

October 19, 2012 at 9:03 pm

Alex and Penny, my person says she’s heard the story about chem trails too.

October 20, 2012 at 12:43 am

I love your observations on jet trails!
    They better stay off your trails, those flying objects!
    🙂
    PS For some reason I pictured you inside that balloon, giving it a test drive with pilot gargoyles on!

October 20, 2012 at 1:06 pm

Marina, maybe that should be my next big adventure – flying one of those hot air balloons.

9. farmbeachgal

October 20, 2012 at 4:54 am

Hi, I’m Anne from Life on the Funny Farm (http://annesfunnyfarm.blogspot.com), and I’m visiting from the Pet Blogger Hop.

Such beautiful pictures! Those cumulus clouds were amazing. I saw some very much like that here yesterday. Thanks for sharing!

Anyway, it’s nice to “meet” you! Hope you can pop by my blog sometime to say hi…

October 20, 2012 at 1:17 pm

Hi Anne. Thanks for hopping by. I stopped by your blog too and enjoyed it. We get some awesome cloud formations here – especially in the summer. Sometimes my person totally ignores me and just takes pictures of the clouds.

10. Lola

October 20, 2012 at 6:14 am

I have to guard my yard from those flying things. It keeps me pretty busy, but I always manage to chase them off with my ferocious barking.

October 20, 2012 at 1:19 pm

Lola, my person says she thinks she heard you barking at the plane she was in when she flew in to San Diego a couple days ago.

11. heyitsjethere

October 20, 2012 at 9:02 am

Hey Bongo, Jet here. Hi Miss Laura.

I, too, feel uncomfortable by the jets sometimes. Your photos beautifully caught the flying things, dude.

I’m with you, those helicopter thingies fly low and make super loud noises… they need to stay up high and away from us!

October 20, 2012 at 1:21 pm

Hey Jet, at least those big jets don’t land here. Those helicopter thingies fly in and out of our airport all the time. I can’t figure out why – at least they don’t land on my trails – but that means all they can see is a bunch of red rocks.

• heyitsjethere

October 20, 2012 at 5:30 pm

Hey Bongo,

Our helicopter thingies report traffic stuff, and unfortunately, follow naughty human behavior. Sometimes they fly super low because they’re chasing a naughty human in fleeing in our canal system. 😦

October 20, 2012 at 6:33 pm

Hey Jet, I guess I’m lucky we don’t have any helicopter thingies chasing bad guys around here – but I wish they’d chase those litter bugs off my trails. Most of our helicopter thingies are flying people around to look at the red rocks. Every once in awhile a helicopter thingy has to rescue someone who’s stuck way up high on the red rocks – and sometimes the great big helicopter thingies come up from Luke Air Force Base.

• heyitsjethere

October 21, 2012 at 4:14 am

Hey Bongo,

so glad you do not deal with bad guy stuff, it’s scary, bright lights, the doors shake… we used to have an Air Force Base nearby, and every now and again, we have military helicopter thingies fly over, too.

We would rather have your type, showing people your special red rocks!

12. tylersat99

October 20, 2012 at 8:31 pm

We have most of those flying things at our house the jets and the smaller lower planes because we are not far from a small airport. Those don’t scare us at all, Mom explained what they are so we don’t worry. But, we have not seen any of those colored ones that are coming down toward the ground. We’re not sure if we would like those!

October 20, 2012 at 8:42 pm

Lexie and Mica, fortunately from our house we can only see those colored things from a distance. My person actually took this picture a couple miles away from our house. I don’t think I’d like them to get too close either. Usually they come down in the fields between our town and the next town.

October 21, 2012 at 4:41 am

OH, we collies have those round bubble flying thingies go over the Meadow and we give them the what for!!!!!

October 21, 2012 at 4:10 pm

Collies, I bet the pop back up in the air pretty quick with all of you giving them what for.

October 21, 2012 at 6:59 am

My mom doesn’t like the sound of jets, I don’t mind it at all though……She says that it makes her scared. The balloon is for one of the touristic attractions, or just for fun of someone’s?
    It does look scary, too!

October 21, 2012 at 4:16 pm

Kevin, yes, the balloon is one of the tourist attractions here. So is the helicopter and the plane – it’s a biplane – the old kind of plane with double wings. I’m glad none of them get too close to my trails. I think that balloon would be scary, but my person actually took that picture a couple miles from our house. Usually they come down in the fields between our town and the next one.

15. Misty Shores Chesapeakes

October 27, 2012 at 11:34 am

Great photos!!

October 27, 2012 at 1:13 pm

Thanks Misty Shores.

16. angelswhisper2011

October 28, 2012 at 12:31 pm

O, my, Bongo, maybe the litters are invading by planes and balloons 🙂

October 28, 2012 at 9:31 pm

Angels Whisper I hope not. That would be really serious. I’d better get back out there and scare those planes and balloons away.