Texting on the Trail

10 Jul

A cell phone and Bongo looking boredDo you see something wrong with this picture? Cause I sure do.

It’s hot out today. Really hot.

So what does my person do?

She dilly dallies on our walk because she’s texting.

Come on, person. I like my walks, but when it’s this hot out I just want to travel the trails and get back home where it’s cool inside.

But my person was really bad today because when she wasn’t texting she was taking pictures of really dumb things.

Fuzzy Caterpillar

Like caterpillars.

I don’t know what this caterpillar is doing in the middle of my trails anyway. Maybe turning itself into a tasty treat.

I’ve never tried fried caterpillars before.

That caterpillar didn’t look done yet, so my person found even more dumb things to take pictures of.

Red Berries

Berries.

And I don’t think these berries are good for eating – even if they are cooked.

And by this time I’m just dragging.

I’m dying of thirst.

I think I’m going to drop any second now.

Bongo looking too hot

Did I do it?

Did I make you feel sorry enough for me?

I hope so, because somebody’s got to call the animal abuse people and turn my person in.

And while I’m waiting for those animal abuse people to show up I think I’ll go home to my air conditioned house and get a nice cool drink of water.

You can tell those people to look for me and my person there.

I’ll be home in about a minute.

Posted by on July 10, 2013 in Bongo, dogs, humor

Tags: , , , , , , , ,

26 responses to “Texting on the Trail

July 10, 2013 at 11:01 am

I notice that you said dumb creatures but there were two photos of you…so is you a dumb creature? I think not! You are a highly developed mastermind in the art of ‘twisting all of us around your little paw’..Sympathy! bar humbug….go for your walk like a big brave dog, but remember to do the sun protection before you go out.
    Air con…my poor doggies only ha ve an open door and electric fan plus all the flies….
    Lots of love to my hero…he who walks the hot trails…risking life and limb just so person can photograph caterpillars and berries….

July 12, 2013 at 5:36 pm

Patricia, I’m not one of those dumb creatures. But I felt like it being out there in the heat dying of thirst.

July 10, 2013 at 11:10 am

Oh, poor Bongo!!! And all this for a … caterpillar [stay away from it by the way!!] and berries?!!!
    Frozen fish sent to you asap!!!
    🙂

July 12, 2013 at 5:37 pm

Thanks Marina. My mouth is watering for those fish. Better than a fried caterpillar any day.

July 10, 2013 at 12:06 pm

Bongo, it’s summer: hot. You’ve got the pitiful head down dragging walk down perfectly.
    Molly today just sat down half way through our very early walk and said enough. She wants to sleep until fall…unless there’a a wading pool available…and some friends. Then maybe a little outdoor time….just a little….then sleep in the AC.

July 12, 2013 at 5:38 pm

I’m with Molly. I’ll sleep until fall unless there’s some water to play in.

4. dianeskitchentable

July 10, 2013 at 2:31 pm

Bongo, you should have whipped out your own cell phone & texted your person that it was time to get home! I’ll report her though no problem.

July 12, 2013 at 5:39 pm

Thanks Lola. I think someone’s coming for my person now. Wait! What? If you take my person I have to go to dog jail? I never complained about anything.

5. Misty Shores Chesapeakes

July 10, 2013 at 7:17 pm

You poor thing, the shame of it all 😉

July 12, 2013 at 5:40 pm

Misty Shores, I’m really abused around here in the summer. If it isn’t the heat then it’s thunder.

6. Jenn Twilley

July 10, 2013 at 7:38 pm

Bongo, you should do what my sweet golden does… walk slowly, with 9 inches of his tongue hanging out, panting. If you come to our house, we’ll take you swimming instead.

July 12, 2013 at 5:41 pm

Jenn, I love swimming. It’s one of my favorite things to do. I’m on my way right now. And thanks for stopping by and commenting.

• Jenn Twilley

July 12, 2013 at 5:54 pm

You are welcome anytime! We have lots of water toys!

July 12, 2013 at 6:03 pm

Do any of them squeak?

• Jenn Twilley

July 12, 2013 at 6:06 pm

A few of them squeak. Squeakers don’t last long here. But there’s a lot of sticks, two floating balls, and a flippy-flopper!!

July 12, 2013 at 6:07 pm

I’m on my way!

• Jenn Twilley

July 12, 2013 at 6:08 pm

We’ll be ready! Are you allowed sausages that have been dropped and rolled in the dirt?!

July 12, 2013 at 6:41 pm

Of course!

July 11, 2013 at 7:23 am

Oh no! I didn’t like caterpillars! That berry looks cute to me, I’m wondering if those berries are edible though…

July 12, 2013 at 5:50 pm

Kevin, my person hasn’t been able to find out what those berries are so we haven’t tried eating any. They’re kind of fuzzy though.

8. bumpyroadtobubba

July 11, 2013 at 7:45 pm

You should dilly dally next time your person’s in a hurry then 🙂

July 12, 2013 at 5:56 pm

Bumpy Road, maybe I can knock the phone out of my person’s hand and dilly dally on top of it.

9. Dalton

July 12, 2013 at 1:29 am

I don’t know how you put up with her!!

July 12, 2013 at 5:57 pm

Dalton, sometimes it’s really a challenge putting up with my person.

July 14, 2013 at 6:19 am

Wow! Let me get this straight, you keep her tied to you to protect her and she treats you like that? I Ginger says it is time to unleash her on the trail and go back home by yourself…. she obviously will never find her way home… er.. dad is coming to shut me down so I am now hitting send…..

July 14, 2013 at 3:47 pm

Ginger, that will work if my person just gets lost for a little while. I haven’t been able to reach the treats on top of the fridge, so I do need her to come home eventually.